The Fish Rots From the Head
Elle is back this week and we dive right in to the story that has everyone talking: why is Mohammed Ben Sulayem’s foot constantly in his mouth and how does his shoe taste?
But seriously now, we tackle the issue of politics in sport and how it has actually NEVER been apolitical. Pull up a chair friends, this took a lot longer than we anticipated, because the FIA is not a serious organization and F1 is in many ways not a serious sport.
We also talked about budget woes of various kinds, lingering displeasure about Monaco, and much more.
Please remember to rate and review us wherever you’re listening and why not recommend the pod to a friend too; it would really help us out.
*** Follow us on the socials ***
Have feedback, comments, or questions for us? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrian Wojnarowski: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Wojnarowski
- Adam Schefter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Schefter
- Andrew Benson: https://everipedia.org/wiki/lang_en/andrew-benson-journalist
- Access journalism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_journalism
- Mohammed Ben Sulayem foolishness: https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/06/03/ben-sulayem-in-depth-we-cant-be-old-in-a-dynamic-sport/
- FIA is in debt: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1620748/F1-news-FIA-president-Mohammed-Ben-Sulayem-Jean-Todt
- Budget cap posing a problem? https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/teams-could-miss-races-budget-cap/10310360/
- Toxic masculinity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_masculinity
- Awesome F1 podcasts graphic: https://twitter.com/asafsagi/status/1534060715857920001
- Tweet of the week: https://twitter.com/indycarchick/status/1534189054010564611
- Jos Verstappen foolishness: https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1531569599573110786